It took me a long time to realize the truth: getting healthy doesn’t have to be so complicated!
When you focus on how good you feel nourishing yourself through what you consume, including food, entertainment & media, relationships, etc. you will continue to be motivated to continue to nourish yourself. The benefits from skin health to weight loss, and all that’s in between, will follow.
Here are a few things you can do daily to help nourish yourself:
• Walk 30-60 minutes/day
• Pay attention to where you physically feel stress in your body
• Take long, deep breaths several times a day but especially when you’re feeling stressed.
• Continue to eat nourishing foods regardless of what is going on in your life. If you find that you eat when you’re stressed, be aware of it and make nourishing choices
.• Maintain a food journal• Spend time with people who nourish you – laugh, have fun, do what you love
• Get creative! Creating brings tremendous joy and fulfillment!
Did you notice that not all of these are food behaviors?
Consistent small behavior modifications are not just about food – and are key to long-term health & wellness!
• Food is only one behavior related to wellness
• Less focus on “change” and more focus on behaviors. It’s not, “I can’t eat the chocolate cake.” It’s, “I can eat the blueberries!”
• Support and accountability – as your health coach I am here to help you but it’s okay to recruit an entire system of people to help keep you accountable
.• Have patience, be consistent, give yourself a lot of grace! Shame, guilt, and self-condemnation only set you back. Love, grace, and empowerment move you forward!
There is more to getting healthy than just changing your diet! As your coach, we will work together to find what you need the most and what works best for you.